Sunday, March 22, 2009

Katee's 26th Birthday!

So birthdays are a really big deal to me. Drew totally surprised me though- he kept acting like he didn't have anything planned! The Saturday before my birthday he took me out to dinner at Cheesecake Factory- and completely surprised me- with about 20 family and friends. It was great. Food was fantastic! Then we went back to our house (I had to clean it up a bit- he said it would have given it away if he had started cleaning up all the stuff from a hair appointment I had earlier!) But since I love games Drew planned some- a fun original one. We tied a marshmallow to about 2 feet of string and without using your hands you had to chew the string until you got the marshmallow in your mouth. We did the boys and girls separate- Drew and I both won! It's all in the biting technique- no tongue and no gagging on the string.
Then my siblings and I did a chubby bunny contest! I think our mouths are bigger than average! I can't even remember how many Thad got- but he definitely had the most. We also watched a little Brian Regan- that always makes my stomach hurt I laugh so hard.
On my actual birthday Drew took me out to eat at a cool restaraunt up in scottsdale. The steak was delicious. Then he took me to Gainey Ranch and we did the romantic Gondola ride. It was perfect weather. I loved every second of it. After that we hung around for a bit and stuck our feet in the pool. It was fun being there- we stayed there our first 3 nights as a married couple. Last time we were there and ate at the restaurant we had the most refreshing water ever. I can't even describe how cool and crisp and delicous it was. We tried to get a bottle to go- but they recycle the bottles or something so you can't buy it to take home. So if you are ever there we highly recommend the water. the creme brule is good too! My birthday was awesome and Drew is the best husband ever! My favorite present was an electric toothbrush- I have been wanting one of those forever!

2 comments:

hydeeann said...

when i first glimpsed the photos, i thought, "hey! what are they doing without me." then i realized it was your birthday and, oh yeah!, adam didn't tell me about it. AND we had symphony tickets. looks fun as always. ballantynes know how to party hardy, sober, even!

marcee said...

Oh, I am going to puke looking at all of those marshmallows in your mouths! Nice job, Drew! So sad we missed it. In fact, we missed Katee's last big bday bash when Allee was in the hospital. Not a good memory...