Sunday, March 22, 2009

White Christmas

We went to Utah for Christmas! Drew never wanted to come home. I have never been in so much snow in my life. It was beautiful! We went sledding with Aaron and his kidos. Tied two sleds behind his truck and drove mach 1 in a field. When there were no kids and Drew was driving I thought I was going to die! Luckily a rock hit Aaron in the forehead instead of me- and even luckier he was the brave one who bailed so Drew finally stopped. I didn't dare jump off when we were going so fast. It was really fun though. We got to play in the snow a lot. It didn't even hurt when Drew would full on tackle me.

Drew also decided to take me skiing for my first time ever. We decided to just go in the late afternoon. Let's just say the best part was that I got to ride a snowmobile! I never made it down- after a few hours on the TOP of the mountain I finally started walking and since the resort was closing they picked me up. Then I rode the ski lift down the rest of the way. But it was beautiful and I wasn't cold. Next time I'll just have to go with someone that will teach me how to snowplow... Drew said no wife of his was allowed to snowplow.

3 comments:

bids2calvin said...

Good times. A rock to the face and lots of laughs.

hydeeann said...

take lessons next time. totally a better way to go. much better to learn from an unemotional stranger.=) i can't believe he didn't start you out on the bunny hill!

in that picture of you with goggles, you totally look like marcee or loree.

marcee said...

Okay, for sure you guys are going with us next time we take the kids. It's slow the whole time and snow plowing is absolutely okay. :)