Sunday, August 16, 2009

4th of July- in Utah

We decided to get out of the heat so we could actually watch the fireworks and go outside- so we headed up to Utah. The first morning we went on a quad ride with Drew's friend Kent. It was gorgeous- being up in the mountain- all green- the early morning dew still out. The fresh air and the smell of summer that Drew is always telling me about. (drew just told me I have to write that I want to move to Utah as soon as we can get out of our house.) We had high hopes of going to Lagoon- but I would have never made it- I don't know how I was so exhausted after just a couple hours of quad riding but I would have died. That night we went to a Rodeo- the only person that we could convince to go was Drew's mom- Peggy. It was so fun to hang out with her and we were so glad she came with us.

Saturday morning Drew went golfing with his dad, Lowell :) and brother, Aaron while I went and got a pedicure with Peggy, Tara, and Ashley. I LOVE pedicures. We went to park City and got Lowell to ride the coaster! Lowell is so funny. Drew kept teasing him that he would be screaming the whole time- so he kept it in- I for sure screamed more. We always laugh our heads off riding that thing. Peggy went down the alpine slide. Sadly she didn't get the best sled so it was pretty slow- I went after her and caught up to her. I kept yelling for her to go faster cuz I thought she was putting on the brakes- but she wasn't.

We got to shoot off fireworks- I haven't done that since I lived in Tennessee. We tried to go watch the big fireworks up at BYU and we got to see the tail end of it.

Sunday was Elle's blessing so everyone came over to Aaron and Amy's. It was a beautiful blessing and so fun. We also got to go on our Sunday walk- Drew hates doing it at home cuz it is still so hot- but Utah was perfect for the evening stroll.

No comments: